Precision Gears [ Addon ]
TLDR read the bold text.
Precision Gears is a blender addon developed to bring an array of mathematically accurate involute gears to the precision world of Blender. Not only that, it's all incapsulated inside the closest thing to a faux "parametric" system, giving you the ability to change your gears on the fly.
Minimum version: Blender 2.92
- PLEASE NOTE -
This is a "beta" release some pretty big & exciting changes will be coming to the addon in the next coming months. Plus a whole bunch of videos and a wiki eventually. In the time being if you find any consistent bugs that you are able to replicate or have any future development ideas I would love to hear from you. The best place is in the maker tales discord in the Precision Gears channel link: HERE. Alternatively, you can fill in this form: Here not reviewed as often.
I'm currently developing the gear "presets" if you have any ideas of how I should standardize these I would love to know your thoughts.
If you would like to test out a reduced feature "lite" version to evaluate how the addon works it's linked: here.
The addon is available for download for $8. With that said it would be greatly appreciated if you have the means to pay the suggested $15 as this will facilitate further development of this addon along with other precision addons for blender.
Gears & Features currently available:
- Spur Gear
- Helical Gear
- Herringbone Gear
- Rack Gear
- Internal Gear
- Internal Herringbone Gear
- Internal Helical Gear
- Bevel Gear
- Spiral Bevel Gear
- Worm Gear
- Center Extrusions
- Set Screws
- Cross Bore
- Round Subtract Bore (Set Screw)
- Round Additice Bore (Key)
- Polygon Bore ( Triangel / Hex ect.)
- Bore Previews
- Preset Creation
- Global Scaling
All future developments are included!
This is a one time purchase...
Of course, further donations are always welcome if you feel there granted =)
New With The Toothy Update:
- Gears to keep material assignments when changing parameters
- Internal gears outside perimeters perfectly round
- Cross bore. XY parameters should be the total length of bore extrusion
- Gear face chamfering/bevelling from tip (Spur, Internal, Helical, Herringbone, Rack)
- Tooth crowning (Spur, Internal)
- Tooth flank tip relief (Spur, Internal, Helical, Herringbone, Rack)
- Tooth undercut (Spur, Helical, Herringbone)
- Rounded tooth tips/reliefs (Spur, Internal, Helical, Herringbone, Rack)
- Tooth flank base relief (Rack)
- Better Topology
- Pre-creased Edges (aka. Subvision Support)
- Plus more fixes under the hood...
Soon to come:
- Auto Rigging System...!