CAD Sketcher [ Blender Addon ]
A constraint-based sketcher addon created by hlorus for Blender that allows you to create precise 2d shapes by defining CAD geometric constraints like tangents, distances, angles, equal and more. These Sketches are then converted into beziers or mesh which still stay editable through a fully non-destructive workflow i.e, Geometry nodes and modifiers.
Please Note: This is addon is very much a work in progress and quite experimental thus don't use it on production files without a backup.
CAD Sketcher 0.27.1
Minimum version: Blender 3.0
More than just an addon learn more: CADsketcher.com
CAD Sketcher is FREE & Opensource, with that said if you feel that the project has earned your support please go Click Here to learn how you can help this project go further. Alternatively, put a 0 in the input to get it for free. Please consider sharing CAD sketcher to help spread the message of the project.
- Download the ZIP archive (do not unpack it after downloading)
- Open Blender and go to: Edit > Preferences > Add-ons > Press "Install..." button
- Browse to the location of the ZIP and select it, then press "Install Add-on"
- Enable the addon by pressing the checkbox
CAD sketcher heavily depends on the solvespace python module and won't be functional without it.
- Inside the addon's preferences check the "Solver Module" tab to see if the module is already available
- Press "Install from PyPi"
Check the wiki installation chapter for in-depth instructions.
What comes next...
This is only the start of CAD Sketcher, there is no current roadmap set as of yet, but there are some amazing possibilities ahead.
Priorities for now are:
- Building a community
- Growing contributors
- Testing & Stability
In the works:
- Referencing system
- Sketch to sketch
- Mesh to construction plane
We need YOU...
CAD Sketcher is a free and open-source project looking to enhance the precision workflows in blender by bringing CAD like tools, features and usability to blender. It's still very early days and we have a bright future ahead. Below is a list of ways in which you can help:
- Share & Inform others about CAD Sketcher
- Join the community Discord
- Donate (This lets core developers and educators spend more time on CAD Sketcher and less time on there day jobs)
Maker Tales is working in partnership with hlorus to distribute and bring attention to CAD Sketcher. Any donations to this listing are split 85% after fees to hlorus and the other 15% to Maker Tales to further support CAD Sketcher. If you would like to make a donation that only goes directly to hlorus here is his Paypal.
The most recent & stable version of CAD Sketcher.